When it comes to Google Drive, the company has a lot of different features. One of them is the ability to use dark mode on your browser. This allows you to turn all of your icons into black and white so they take up less space on screen while still being easy to read. However, there are some limitations with this feature:
For example, it only works with Google Chrome—and even then it’s not exactly perfect when compared against other browsers such as Firefox or Safari. But fear not! In this guide we’ll go over everything you need know about enabling dark mode in Google Drive in just three simple steps:
Enable Google Drive Dark Mode in Chrome
To enable Google Drive dark mode in Chrome, you’ll need to be running the latest version of Google Chrome.
- On Windows, macOS and Linux: If you’re using a desktop operating system (Windows or macOS), then make sure that your web browser has been updated with the latest version of it. You can check this by going to Settings > About Google Chrome > click on “Check now” button at the bottom of your screen.
- For more information about enabling extensions for your favorite websites like Gmail and YouTube videos with Dark Mode built-in see our tutorial here: [Blog Post](https://www.youtubehelpcom/google-drive).
Step 1 – Open Chrome Settings
- Open Chrome Settings.
- Click Show Advanced Settings at the top of the page and scroll down to Content Settings.
- Under Dark Mode, click it and then select a theme: Medium Dark (default), Light and Dark or None.
Step 2 – Click “Show advanced settings”
You’ll now see a list of options.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your browser and click “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you’ll find Advanced Settings:
Step 3 – Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Content settings”
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Content settings”.
This will bring up a new tab in your browser that allows you to select different themes. You’ll see three options: Dark Mode, Night Mode, and Night Theme. Dark mode is similar to night mode but it has a darker background with fewer colors than night theme does. Dark theme is basically just dark mode with no background image or color scheme at all.
Step 4 – Click “Dark mode” under the “Colors” section
Now, click on the dropdown menu in the “Colors” section.
- Select a theme for dark mode:
- Forest Green (Default) – This is the default option, so if you don’t see any other options on this page and all you want is to enable Dark Mode in Google Chrome, just choose this one! It’s simple enough to use and looks nice too!
Step 5 – Now select a theme for dark mode in the dropdown menu that appears.
Now select a theme for dark mode in the dropdown menu that appears. Selecting one of these themes will make your Google Drive page look like it was created by an artist with a very high level of skill and attention to detail, but we’re not quite there yet!
The first option is “Default Dark”. This is the default theme for your website, and it matches up nicely with most websites’ color schemes. If you’re using a darker color scheme on your site (like black), this might be an ideal choice, as it will make all text easier to read at night or when working late into the evening.
If you want something more suited towards late night working situations (or if you just want more control over how dark things look), take a look at some other options below:
Dark mode on Google Drive is an excellent feature that helps you to save battery power and reduce eye strain. It’s easy to enable dark mode on Google Drive, but it’s also easy to change the theme of dark mode.
If you found this article helpful and would like to share it with your friends, please use the buttons below. Also, if you have any suggestions or ideas for more articles on Chrome Browser Tips & Tricks, please leave a comment below!