Fantasy sports apps are the type of online games in which you build a virtual team of real sports players and predict the result based on the real-time achievements of your selected players. Your fantasy scores in these games are based on real-life statistics of the player, and the better the player’s real-life performance, the higher the fantasy scores.
According to Globe Newswire, the fantasy sports market is expected to attain $38.60 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 14.7%. Hence, it is highly likely that app development companies will try to leverage this vast market.
Some well-known Fantasy apps are Dream11, MyTeam11, ESPN Fantasy Sports, and Fantasy Premier League.
So, what are you waiting for? Build a fantasy sports app, generate your own user base, and start earning through it.
Here’s the blog post that explains the process of developing a fantasy sports app like Dream11.
Fantasy Sports App Basic Functioning
Before you begin with your app development process, it is essential to understand the basic features and functionalities that will be integrated. These are the general functions of fantasy apps like Dream 11; you can incorporate the features based on your app niche.
- User authentication and profile setup process. Edit the profile feature like username, phone number, email ID, scores, etc.
- An interactive home screen with shortcut features, match types, tournament names, timings, team names, payment methods, and many more.
- Contest features include entering a contest, creating a tournament, match information, viewing your contest data, and league arena.
- Live chat, real-time data, and score features.
- For introducing the latest information, advertisements, email notifications, and push notifications.
Steps to Develop a Fantasy Sports App
To develop a Fantasy Sports App, you need to have a UI/UX designer, graphic designer, quality assurance engineer, app developer, and project manager. If you want to save yourself from the hassle of developing a fantasy sports app on your own, you can hire a fantasy sports app development company that offers such services.
A fantasy sports app is not just about colorful themes and graphics. Instead, it takes imperative planning to develop such an app. The factors that you need to consider in your fantasy sports apps are:
Before developing a fantasy sports app, it is necessary to build a plan for your project. Otherwise, the whole development process will get complex. This product planning includes the following measures:
- Creating a marketing plan for your app and the cost involved.
- The budget of the whole development process and the factors affecting that cost.
- Select the right platform for your app.
- List the features that you want to develop and what features to include in the first version.
Create a Monetizing Strategy
When you develop a fantasy sports app, it is definite that you must be looking for a suitable monetizing method for your app. A Fantasy sports app developer can select a practical monetizing plan to incorporate into their app.
Some of the standard monetizing methods that fantasy apps use are:
- In-app paid features
- Brand promotion
- App subscription
- Contest fees
Create a Feature Board
The next step is to create an essential feature package in a fantasy sports application. Your features will make your app stand out in the market. List some features that you need to develop beforehand in the app’s first version and keep upcoming in the product roadmap.
You can divide your features into the following general package categories:
- Free version features of the app
- Premium features for the subscription package
- Paid in-app features
- Product roadmap features
We provided the necessary information that you need to know for developing your fantasy sports app. We hope that you will gain valuable insights that will help you create an exceptional app.
If you are still struggling with the app development process for your fantasy sports app, you can look for the companies that provide such services.